Hairdressing apprentice- 2nd year
- Providing the best quality of customer service.
- Doing basin services, including shampoo, conditioning, removing colour, applying treatments and giving clients relaxing scalp massages.
- I’m currently honing my blow-drying skills so that I can achieve the big, smooth, bouncy blow-dries that Carinya are known for.
- I am practicing all of the time and am dramatically improving my up-styling skills.
- I am confident at applying colours, including foils and balayage.
- I am gaining more experience at both providing men’s and women’s cuts.
- I am proficient at perming as I have done lots during the first year of my apprenticeship.
- I am proficient at doing sets, GHD curls and straightening.
Training and qualifications:
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
- De Lorenzo salon product training (Various courses)
- De Lorenzo retail product training (Various courses)
- BECCA product training (Various courses)
- Bite Cosmetics Training (Various courses)
- Nailsinc retail product Training (Various courses)
- Jeval (Grey Toning course)
- Jeval (Blonde course)
- Up style (4-week T.A.F.E. course)
What ignites the flame every day?
The main reason I love working at Carinya is that every day is so different. We are always doing something new, fun and exciting. Sometimes it’s a fun colour or an advanced, fashionable haircut that’s interesting to watch and I love to help-out. When the new products arrive (which is often), I enjoy creating new retail displays. It’s easy to look forward to arriving at Carinya every morning, because I know it’s always going to be different to yesterday.
The service I enjoy performing the most would have to be colour work. I love seeing the transformation during the service and I am always proud of the ‘after’ photos that I take in the salon. I’m always excited to learn new techniques and I look forward to new challenges. Carinya do a lot of cross-training so that we stay interested and so that we don’t have to do the same repetitive tasks all day. I have been lucky enough to receive training in spray tanning and make-up application, both of which I’ve really enjoyed.
I enjoy driving to explore new places, camping, shopping, spending time with friends and making new friends.
I support many charities through fundraising events (Daffodil Day, Jeans for Genes, Red Nose Day, Pink Ribbon Day, etc.). I only make a small contribution to these many charities, but in the future, I would love to choose one cause and get more involved.
Message to my clients:
I would just like to say thank you to the clients that have supported me throughout my apprenticeship. I am grateful that you have always being so patient with me. In 2018, I’m focussing on increasing my skill levels and building my cliental. I hope that salon guests will give me the chance to show just how much I’ve learned in my time at Carinya.